Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Claudia's 2011 To Do List

Hello friends! Its been a while since I posted. I'm just about all caught up with all the to do's that come with changing the name of a store. And just in time too! CHA is right around the corner. I have already started placing orders for new product, and just like you, can't wait until they get here.

I've had so much fun reading crafty blogs and all your goals for 2011. I have finally narrowed mine down, and couldn't wait to share them with my crafty friends. I know you will relate to some of these.

1. Use my 4x6 photo printer more; especially now that I was able to get it working again. Crazy things happen when you don't use it for almost a year.
2. Learn to use my little Janome sewing machine. I have always wanted to learn how to add those beautiful stitch technique to my cards. Poor thing has just sat there since I bought it last spring. A good friend of mine from church has offered to help me.
3. Work on my Project Life album. Now I am already behind because I haven't put weeks 1 and 2 together, but I've made progress... I have all the pictures printed. Heehee.
4. Be in more pictures rather than being the one always taking the pictures. The picture you see here is the first picture I am in for 2011. Our Christmas gift to our oldest son was tickets to the last home game of the Detroit Lions. If you follow football at all, you can imagine our excitement when they won the game.
5. Use my Instax Instant Camera more. I loved my parent's polaroid when I was a little girl, and couldn't wait to get this last year. I think I've only taken 3 pictures with it.
6. Craft more. Sometimes the days just pass us by here at the Harvey house, and I don't find time for myself. So stay tuned, because you'll be seeing more of me on the blog. And if you don't, please feel free to send me an email asking me how that crafting is coming along. Heehee.
The best thing about my goals is that I can work on them with my family. We have a very old digital camera that the boys will be using to take pictures to add to our Project Life album; they are excited about the journaling part of the album too! The little ones want to draw and write their names on the journaling cards. We are planning layouts together. I am excited for the wonderful family time this will bring; my boys (and by boys, I mean my husband too) mean everything to me. I feel so blessed by what God has given me.

Speaking of crafting more...
Here are a couple of notepads I made as Christmas gifts for my 5 year old's classmate and his brother.

I had so much fun making these; they are so easy to put together. I think I will be making lots more to have handy as gifts. I used My Minds Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue papers for the notepads; and used Kraft card stock for the notepad base/cover. I colored the little Twinkle Tots Max by The Greeting Farm with the new X-Press Blending Card paper, and I must say I really like that paper for coloring. The two little brothers I made these for love Mario Bros., so the image was just right for them. I finished the notepads by personalizing them with their names with Cosmo Cricket's Tiny Type letters.

Well friends, that is it for now. I am so happy to have you all here! Welcome to our new followers and readers!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you much success in your New Year's endeavors. Lots of fun crafty and bonding with the family project too. That sounds wonderful!

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete